Inovio is taking immunotherapy to the next level in the fight against cancer and infectious diseases. We are the only immunotherapy company that has reported generating T cells in vivo in high quantity that are fully functional and whose killing capacity correlates with relevant clinical outcomes with a favorable safety profile. The company is advancing a growing clinical and preclinical stage product pipeline. Partners and collaborators include MedImmune, University of Pennsylvania, DARPA, GeneOne Life Science, Drexel University, NIH, HIV Vaccines Trial Network, National Cancer Institute, U.S. Military HIV Research Program, and University of Manitoba. For more information, visit www.inovio.com.
The Systems Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational policies and practices.
This individual assists project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of the standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy within the project life-cycle; including support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
Essential job functions and duties
SA Engineering and Provisioning
- Create Systems Administrator-related solutions for various projects and operational needs.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers in a virtual environment using Vmware 6.
- Periodically configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Install and configure systems that support infrastructure applications.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
Operations and Support
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations in a mixed back up environment using Commvault and Arcserve UDP, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from other team members.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Bachelor degree in the field of computer science, MIS, computer information systems or information systems, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four to six years system administration experience.
- Experience in the following is required:
- Administering and building in a Vmware 6 environment.
- Creating and maintaining a SCCM system deployment image.
- Creating, deploying and maintaining software images in a SCCM environment.
- Maintaining and deploying Windows and other software patching.
- Commvault or similar backup environment.
- Administration of a Microsoft Exchange environment
- Administration and maintenance of VOIP services in a Vonage environment
- Administration of a Cisco / Meraki multi-site environment
- Administration of a distributed storage environment
- Administration of Skype for business and O365
Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. In keeping with our policy, Inovio will recruit, hire, train and promote into all job titles the most qualified individuals, without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
A current US work authorization is required. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Inovio offers an attractive benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer.