Inovio is taking immunotherapy to the next level in the fight against cancer and infectious diseases. We are the only immunotherapy company that has reported generating T cells in vivo in high quantity that are fully functional and whose killing capacity correlates with relevant clinical outcomes with a favorable safety profile. The company is advancing a growing clinical and preclinical stage product pipeline. Partners and collaborators include Medimmune, Roche, University of Pennsylvania, DARPA, GeneOne Life Science, Drexel University, NIH, HIV Vaccines Trial Network, National Cancer Institute, U.S. Military HIV Research Program, and University of Manitoba. For more information, visit www.inovio.com.
The Manufacturing Electrical Engineer position provides engineering support for existing and new medical devices and helps oversee in-house and/or contract manufacturing activities to ensure products are manufactured in accordance with product plans and quality/regulatory requirements.
Summary of essential job functions
- Develop new processes and procedures for new product lines.
- Support manufacturing, process validation, and development efforts.
- Understand, support and trouble shoot PCB and PCBA manufacturing methodologies and processes.
- Evaluate, investigate and troubleshoot electrical systems, products, components, and applications applying knowledge of electronics, software, manufacturing processes and materials.
- Create and revise Manufacturing and Testing Work Instructions including visual aids, Specifications, Inspection and Qualification Documentation.
- Investigate and report field issues, failures and complaints. Support Quality System Technical Compliance with participation in Material Review Board, Non-Conforming Material Review (NCMR) and Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA) activities as needed.
- Select and work with outside development firms to meet program goals and timelines.
- Some familiarity with design tools, i.e. OrCad CIS, LTSpice, Allegro, PADS. desired
- Experience with production automation (i.e Human Interface Systems and or PLCs) desired
- BSEE or BSIE required, BSME with strong electronic background
- Minimum 3 years electrical engineering job experience, Medical Device preferred
- Experience with analog circuits using discrete components such as op-amps, amplifiers, passive components, A/D and D/A converters, opto-electrical devices, etc.
- Experience using laboratory tools such as oscilloscopes, function generators, power supplies and multi-meters
- Experience performing tolerance analysis calculations and studies
- Experience with servo motor controls and feedback.
- Skilled with analog and digital circuits, IC, PCB design and analysis experience.
- Failure analysis, bench top testing, evaluation and debugging of circuits.
- Line support for new devices and finished goods as well as servicing.
- Ability to read and understand both electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Experience with product and process validation.
- Experience generating product development documentation (plans, schedules) preferred.
- Experience with FDA GMP Part 820, CE, UL and ISO 13485 preferred.
- Excellent teamwork skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Proficient with standard Microsoft Office tools, Statistical Software, OrCad CIS
Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. In keeping with our policy, Inovio will recruit, hire, train and promote into all job titles the most qualified individuals, without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
A current US work authorization is required. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as need.