Inovio is taking immunotherapy to the next level in the fight against cancer and infectious diseases. We are the only immunotherapy company that has reported generating T cells in vivo in high quantity that are fully functional and whose killing capacity correlates with relevant clinical outcomes with a favorable safety profile. The company is advancing a growing clinical and preclinical stage product pipeline. Partners and collaborators include MedImmune, University of Pennsylvania, DARPA, GeneOne Life Science, Drexel University, NIH, HIV Vaccines Trial Network, National Cancer Institute, U.S. Military HIV Research Program, and University of Manitoba. For more information, visit www.inovio.com.
The Office Coordinator is responsible for assigned administrative and operational duties to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. The Office Coordinator acts as the building receptionist and ambassador of the company, greeting and assisting visitors, vendors, and job candidates.
Essential job functions and duties
- Communicate with visitors, employees, vendors and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain company policies and other information.
- Greet persons entering building, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- Answer telephone and direct calls or provide information, such as location of departments or offices, or services provided.
- Maintain the break room, meeting rooms and copier areas for cleanliness, and ensuring supplies are stocked and organized including snacks, coffee stations, sodas, etc.
- Order materials, supplies, or equipment and monitor inventory.
- Plan for monthly birthday lunches, corporate events and meetings. This includes contacting caterers and other vendors to place orders.
- Order business cards for both East and West offices.
- Maintain and update calendars as necessary (meeting rooms, facilities, etc.)
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines and personal computers.
- Coordinate the collection of new employee photos and biographical summaries and post on the company intranet page.
- Send, collect, sort and route incoming mail and deliveries from USPS, FedEx, etc.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Maintain security by following procedures, assigning loaner access keys and monitoring logbook.
- Book trips for employees in the West office (East office on occasion). This includes flights, hotels and car rentals using established vendors.
- Assist staff as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, telephone, photocopiers, facsimile machines.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing quality service to employees, guests, vendors, and general public.
- Courteous, professional, customer-oriented, handles pressure and deadlines well, reliable and organized.
- Prior experience with inventory management.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including spelling, rules of composition and grammar.
- Strong coordinating and organizational skills.
- Ability to think critically.
- Service-oriented skills to actively look for ways to help people.
Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. In keeping with our policy, Inovio will recruit, hire, train and promote into all job titles the most qualified individuals, without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
A current US work authorization is required. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Inovio offers an attractive benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer.