Inovio is taking immunotherapy to the next level in the fight against cancer and infectious diseases. We are the only immunotherapy company that has reported generating T cells in vivo in high quantity that are fully functional and whose killing capacity correlates with relevant clinical outcomes with a favorable safety profile. The company is advancing a growing clinical and preclinical stage product pipeline. Partners and collaborators include MedImmune, Roche, University of Pennsylvania, DARPA, GeneOne Life Science, Drexel University, NIH, HIV Vaccines Trial Network, National Cancer Institute, U.S. Military HIV Research Program, and University of Manitoba. For more information, visit www.inovio.com.
The Senior Embedded Software Engineer will develop and enhance Electroporation Device firmware and associated tools to support new features and improve overall reliability of the firmware, bring up new embedded hardware platforms and diagnose and fix issues, prepare requirement, software design, test plans and traceability report etc., and provide sustaining support of products.
Essential job functions and duties
- Design, develop and enhance Electroporation device software and associated tools.
- Design, develop and verify board bring up software, inter-processor communication up software, motor control up software, firmware update software etc.
- Design, develop and verify sensor management up software, battery charging up software, POST software, fault monitoring software etc.
- Establish and execute test cases for unit, integration, and functional software testing
- Create/update requirement documents, design documents, technical analysis reports, unit and integration test reports, functional test reports, software risk analysis reports, etc.
- Perform analysis, resolution, and tracking of defects and improvement to closure
- Work as part of a team to build embedded systems
- Document, Troubleshoot and resolve firmware issues
- Collaborate with electrical, mechanical, hardware and quality teams.
- Develop and improve software development processes and procedures
- Complete other engineering duties as assigned.
- Minimum BS in Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ years in embedded systems development experience with C/C++ languages
- 2+ years programming experience on Cortex M3/M4, MSP430 processors or similar microprocessors
- 3+ years device driver development and developing message based multi-threaded applications
- Experience in noise reductions and detecting and avoiding transient faults
- Experience in develop RTOS based embedded applications (Example: RTX, ThreadX, FreeRTOS, Micrium OS, etc.)
- Exposure in debugging firmware at all levels of application and drivers
- Ability to read circuit designs/electrical schematics and datasheets
- Experience in using oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and other test equipment to troubleshoot hardware/software issues
- Excellent problem-solving, design, development, and debugging skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient with software development process
- Experience in developing firmware for microcontrollers
- Experience in developing low level drivers and application for SPI, I2C, UART, ADC, DAC, I2S
- Experience in Keil MicroVision or IAR Workbench Development Environment or Eclipse Environment
- Experience with safety critical software development
- Strong C/C++ skills, software design, multi-threading, multi-processor experience and hardware-software integration.
- Familiarity setting up various embedded toolchains, build and debugging environments
- Experience with software engineering processes and tools
- Familiar with Microsoft.Net and C#
- Familiar with Configuration Management and Issue Tracking systems.
- Experience in unit test framework such as CPPUnit.
Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. In keeping with our policy, Inovio will recruit, hire, train and promote into all job titles the most qualified individuals, without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
A current US work authorization is required. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Inovio offers an attractive benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer.