Inovio is taking immunotherapy to the next level in the fight against cancer and infectious diseases. We are the only immunotherapy company that is generating T cells in vivo in high quantity that are fully functional and whose killing capacity correlates with relevant clinical outcomes with a favorable safety profile. With an expanding portfolio of immune therapies, the company is advancing a growing preclinical and clinical stage product pipeline. Partners and collaborators include MedImmune, Roche, University of Pennsylvania, DARPA, GeneOne Life Science, Drexel University, NIH, HIV Vaccines Trial Network, National Cancer Institute, U.S. Military HIV Research Program, and University of Manitoba. For more information, visit www.inovio.com.
Using a variety of hand and power tools, fixtures, work instructions and test equipment this person will perform a series of operations to correctly assemble and/or test medical devices.
Summary of essential job functions
- Utilizing standard test equipment, test fixtures, software, and hand tools, perform routine and moderately complex functional tests, calibration, and performance verification to instruments and prescribed assemblies;
- Performs inline inspection/verification, testing, and burn-in of finished product and assemblies;
- Responsible for the identification, reporting, and repair of errors introduced via the manufacturing process;
- Comply with policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements per the Inovio Pharmaceuticals Quality System;
- Provide hands on job function training to coworkers as needed;
- Maintains a clean and organized work area to facilitate manufacturing functions;
- Soldering & de-soldering skills;
- Ability to read electrical and mechanical schematics, drawings, and assembly instructions;
- Assembly of electronic components and sub-assemblies;
- Cable routing and securing of wire harnesses and components;
- Ability to use test instruments, jigs, and various hand tools;
- Working knowledge of industry color and numeric codes;
- Perform repairs to sub-assemblies and devices;
- Generate accurate production records;
- Notify the supervisor of any production abnormality or unsafe condition/ practice.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- AA degree in Electronics, or completion of military and/or Technical/Vocational training;
- 1-4 years production line trouble shooting and repairing electronic products. Technical training will be considered in lieu of experience;
- Knowledge of ESD practices;
- Ability to read and comprehend procedures written in English;
- Displayed comprehension of assembly practices and technologies;
- Familiarity with testing and assembly tools, processes, and terminology;
- Technical knowledge of electronics and mechanical designs;
- Understanding of the application and functioning of test equipment;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work with a minimum of direct supervision;
- Understanding or experience with regulatory requirements (OSHA, FDA, ISO) and general safety;
- Self-motivated team player.
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Medical device manufacturing experience;
- Familiarity with personal computers;
- Soldering experience strongly desired;
- Technical writing skills desired;
- Lifting to 30 pounds.
Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. In keeping with our policy, Inovio will recruit, hire, train and promote into all job titles the most qualified individuals, without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
A current US work authorization is required. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Inovio offers an attractive benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer.