Inovio is taking immunotherapy to the next level in the fight against cancer and infectious diseases. We are the only immunotherapy company that has reported generating T cells in vivo in high quantity that are fully functional and whose killing capacity correlates with relevant clinical outcomes with a favorable safety profile. The company is advancing a growing clinical and preclinical stage product pipeline. Partners and collaborators include MedImmune, Roche, University of Pennsylvania, DARPA, GeneOne Life Science, Drexel University, NIH, HIV Vaccines Trial Network, National Cancer Institute, U.S. Military HIV Research Program, and University of Manitoba. For more information, visit www.inovio.com.
The Executive Assistant (EA) provides senior-level administrative support to three executives (VP, Quality; VP, Engineering Development; and VP, Device Manufacturing Operations). The EA is the point person for facilitating document signatures, drafting correspondence, managing executive calendars and schedules, coordinating travel, creating meeting presentations, taking minutes of meetings, completing expense report reimbursement requests, and performing other related duties. The EA exercises the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality in performing the duties of the position.
Essential job functions and duties
- Maintain calendars, schedule meetings, send Outlook calendar appointments, reserve conference rooms, and coordinate logistics for in-house and off-site meetings, including audio/visual needs, presentations, and food and beverage catering.
- Compile reports; draft letters, and memos with minimal direction. This may include creating correspondence from general bullet points provided on the subject matter or from information collected and collated from multiple sources.
- Act as point-of-contact for documentation requiring executive signatures by tracking receipt of documentation, ensuring the latest version of the document is presented for signature, following up with the requestor if there are questions, and following through on providing the final signed document to the requestor.
- Compile expense receipts and complete and submit reports for expense reimbursements and credit card charge processing/validation to the accounting department.
- Assist with Bioject transfer to SD; maintain schedule, update stakeholders, issue meeting minutes, assist with coordination of packing, moving and unpacking of Bioject equipment and materials. Continue to assist with coordination of Bioject project after transfer.
- Create professional presentations for meetings, such as board, investors, partners, and collaborators, including inserting diagrams and charts and utilizing the advanced functionality of PowerPoint.
- Attend ad hoc committee or group meetings and draft and distribute minutes as necessary.
- Coordinate with the designated Inovio travel coordinator on required travel, including airline, overnight accommodations, ground transportation, and any other required arrangements.
- Anticipate needs of executives and pro-actively plan, implement, and execute daily tasks.
- Welcome visitors to the facility and address questions and inquiries in-person and by telephone. Coordinate travel and logistics for out-of-town guests visiting the site.
- Complete ad hoc projects as delegated by executives.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a relevant role supporting senior level business professionals.
- Prior experience in a scientific, engineering or related industry preferred.
- Above average computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of English grammar, writing and editing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational abilities.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Anticipate, identify, and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Research, analyze, summarize, and report information in an effective manner.
- Demonstrate professional demeanor.
- Work independently on a broad variety of projects.
- Exercise discretion and independent and sound judgment.
- Adaptability to changing needs and situations.
Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. In keeping with our policy, Inovio will recruit, hire, train and promote into all job titles the most qualified individuals, without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
A current US work authorization is required. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Inovio offers an attractive benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer.